CS 1000 Cheese Slicer
The Thurne CS1000 Cheese Slicer offers versatility, slicing accuracy and high throughput.
Based on the proven compact Polyslicer 1000 platform, the slicer has been optimized to provide efficient cheese slicing. It features a range of cheese specific components and blades that reduce friction and therefore product build up, providing better slice thickness control and ensuring high quality product presentation. The CS1000 will slice a wide variety of semi hard/hard cheese products including Cheddar, Gouda, and Edam.
The machine is available with both orbital and involute head, enabling slicing of stacked (<100mm) and shingled retail and food service packs at high speeds up to 1500 rpm. An optional Interleaver, which can be added as a retrofit if required, supports multi-lane interleaving of shingles and stacks up to 80mm at speeds up to 700 slices per minute.
Features & Benefits
- Efficient multi-log slicing of cheese stacks and shingles
- Range of high speed involute and orbital blades with and without serration and coatings
- Orbital blade available for softer cheeses (subject to testing), slicing at up to 600 rpm
- Involute blade for higher throughputs, slicing at up to 1500 rpm (subject to testing),
- Cheese specific change parts minimize product build up on contact surfaces, thus optimising performance and presentation
- Product retraction eliminates sliver slices
- Optional Stacker for tall stacks of 40-100mm
- Optional Interleaver, which can be retrofitted if needed
- Hygienic construction designed for ready to eat applications
- Optional Predictive Technology improves first time on-weights when slicing moulded cheese logs
Thurne’s unique Interleaver cuts the product and the interleaving material with two separate cutting mechanisms, enabling selection of the product blade best suited to the hardness and texture of the cheese to be sliced. This circular or involute blade will deliver consistent product placement and pack presentation and – without reducing its edge by also cutting paper or film – stay sharp and perform well for longer.
Having a separate cutting mechanism for the interleaving material also has the added benefit of enhanced control over the positioning of the paper or film, as well as providing easy access for fast reel changes, maintenance and cleaning.
Features & Benefits
- Independent cutting of paper and of product
- Optimisation of the product blade for the application and increased blade life
- Twin lane operation running at up to 700rpm
- Can interleave single slices within a shingle or stack (<80mm) and/or insert a sheet under complete groups (underleave)
- Controllable paper positioning for excellent presentation
- Easy access for quick reel change and cleaning
- Available for retrofit at a later stage