THURNE is an international market leader in advanced slicing and automation systems for the food processing industry.
THURNE design, develop, manufacture and service our food processing equipment that is commissioned through the world.
THURNE leads the market in cutting edge innovation in the slicing of bacon, cheese and deli disciplines.
Our manufacturing headquarters is located in Norwich, United Kingdom, and our North American sales and service division is located in Chicago, IL. THURNE is part of the Middleby Corporation with its headquarters in Elgin, IL.
We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team and serve our growing installed base.
Currently, we are taking applications for the following positions:
For our exceptional North American service operations, we are currently recruiting a Field Service Technician to strenghten our team.
- You will deliver outstanding technical field service to our customers.
- You will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, remote and site support on highly advanced electrical/PLC/Pneumatic and Servo controlled systems.
- You will travel extensively to customer sites within North America and Canada up to 75% of the time.
- When not traveling to customer site, you will be "home" office based, calling on customers and supporting a 24/7 technical support operation.
- You will travel from time to time to the United Kingdom for training and other functions that are assigned to your role.
- You will perform on-site equipment demonstrations in a professional manner.
- For your initial introduction and training you will travel with our experienced field service technicians to customer sites.
- At least a two-year technical trade degree or equivalent hands-on experience.
- We are a 100% Allen Bradley systems integrator, so experience on PLC, Servo and Powerflex VFD drives is preferred but not essential, as training will be provided.
- Good working knowledge of Windows Operating system and Embedded software systems.
- Minimum of two years electrical, mechanical and pneumatic diagnostic experience.
- Field Service experience is preferred but not essential, as training will be given.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English. A knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish, would be advantageous.
- Self-motivated and assertive individual who has the ability of working on their own or as part of a small technical team.
WE OFFERThurne offers a comprehensive compensation package with excellent benefits including 401K, vacation pay, sick pay, medical, dental and life insurance.
Please submit your resume and covering letter, including your current salary, to:
Human Resources Dept.
4300 West Bryn Mawr Avenue
Chicago, IL 60646-5943
We are an equal opportunity employer (EEOC).