Polyslicer 1000 Cooked Meat Slicer
The Thurne PolySlicer 1000 offers versatility, slicing accuracy and high throughput. The slicer is the ideal choice for processors who require a compact, versatile and easy to use machine. An involute or orbital cutting head and a large slicing aperture enable efficient multi-log slicing to produce stacks, shingles or wafer-thin slice packs. All options, including cutting head, interleaver, variety conveyor and stacker, can be retrofitted on site at any time, making it easy to meet future production needs without major investment.
Thurne’s unique Interleaver cuts the product and the interleaving material with two separate cutting mechanisms, enabling selection of the product blade best suited to the hardness and texture of the product to be sliced. This circular blade will deliver consistent product placement and pack presentation and – without reducing its edge by also cutting paper or film – stay sharp and perform well for longer.
Having a separate cutting mechanism for the interleaving material also has the added benefit of enhanced control over the positioning of the paper or film, as well as providing easy access for fast reel changes, maintenance and cleaning.
Variety Conveyor option
In addition to the standard presentation formats (shingled, stacked, wafer-thin), the PolySlicer 1000 Variety Conveyor produces a wide variety of portion patterns enabling processors to respond to retail trends, including circles, interlaced and overlapped shingles.
Features & Benefits
- High speed involute or orbital blade option
- High performance involute blade running at up to 1500 rev/min
- Orbital blade for delicate or large products running at up 600 rev/min
- Product retraction eliminates sliver slices
- Variety of pack presentation formats
- Compact footprint
- Optional Interleaver can be retrofitted
- Optional Variety Conveyor can be retrofitted
- Optional Stacker for tall stacks ‹100mm
Interleaver Features & Benefits
- Independent cutting of paper and of product
- Optimisation of the product blade for the application and increased blade life
- Twin lane operation running at up to 700rpm
- Can interleave single slices within a shingle or stack (<80mm) and/or insert a sheet under complete groups (underleave)
- Controllable paper positioning for excellent presentation
- Easy access for quick reel change and cleaning
- Available for retrofit at a later stage